"After this program I ask myself:
Trauma Informed Specialist Certification
Our program is now officially part of the CSUEB catalog!
Join our growing community of
Become a Trauma Informed Specialist (TIS) and develop strategies in the classroom to effectively support children who have experienced trauma. Work with a cohort of peers to learn the brain science behind behavior and learning, develop mindfulness strategies, disrupt retraumatizing systems of oppression, and implement self care strategies in order to reduce burnout.
This Certification Program is aimed at helping children heal in a safe environment while reducing teacher turnover in schools impacted by high levels of trauma. Our program is in partnership with community agencies and accredited by the Educational Psychology Department at California State University East Bay (CSUEB).
TIS Certification will provide the Training to:
The Trauma Informed Specialist Certification program is designed to address the needs of educators and administrators by providing tools for supporting students and practicing self care in order to promote resiliency and prevent burnout.
- Understand the symptoms and causes of trauma
- Explain the brain science behind behavior and learning
- Implement mindfulness strategies and personalized learning in classrooms
- Promote self care and community care strategies in order to reduce burnout and address vicarious trauma
- Compassionately disrupt systems that retraumatize or obstruct paths to resilience in organizations
- Become a Trauma Informed Coach and use the modules and resources to support and train schools .
This program consists of 4 accredited graduate level courses delivered over the course of 10 months. Continuing Education Semester Units are available through CSU East Bay.
- Part One
- Principles of Trauma for Educators: May-September 1 Saturday a month 9-11am PT (3 units)
- Reflective Supervision for Educators: Small group meeting 1x per month, times vary (1.5 units)
- Part Two
- Trauma Supportive Schools: October-February 2023 2nd Saturday a month 9-11am PT (3 units)
- Advanced Reflective Supervision- Small group meeting 1x per month, times vary (1.5 units)
- Participants are expected to attend an online webinar 1 Saturday a month, as well as, participate in the online modules, and small group Reflective Supervision for 2 hours a month.
- We offer a program that works with your schedule and provides you resources, meaningful participation, and a supportive community.
Contact our program director, Emily Santiago, email@example.com for more details.